4th International Conference on Accelerated Pavement Testing
Davis, California, USA
September 19-21 2012
This conference provides a forum for participants to address the various aspects and benefits of accelerated pavement testing (APT) from an international perspective. It also provides attendees with an opportunity to share their knowledge and experiences, and to gain insight into needs and upcoming trends for future developments in accelerated pavement testing.
- Early Bird Rates: $600 (before April 14, 2012)
- Standard Rates: $650 (April 2 - August 16, 2012)
- Late Registration: $700 (August 17 - September 10, 2012)
- Sponsored Student Registration Rate (see below)
Conference Registration Procedure
Note: If you experience any difficulty in making or paying for your conference registration, please contact: the conference registrar. Also note that Registration is being facilitated through UC Berkeley's Tech Transfer Program on behalf of APT2012.
- Get your credit card ready
- After following the link below to the registration site, please click the appropriate button - "Register Yourself" or "Register Someone Else" - to create an ID for completing the registration process
- Conference Registration Link
Sponsored Student Registration: $450
A limited number of reduced rate student registrations are available. No more than 4 students per campus will be approved for the Student Rate. These are restricted to currently registered students and post-doctoral students within 18 months of their graduation. The deadline for applying for a student registration rate is August 15, 2012.
To apply for a student registration rate, please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information in the text of the email:
"I would like to apply for the APT2012 student registration rate" and then provide the following in your email:
- Your name
- telephone number
- email address
- The name of your Advisor
- The name of your University
Travel And Hotel Information
Information on hotel accomadations and travel from nearby airports to the conference can be found Here.
Young Professionals Committee
A Young Professionals Committee of the 2012 APT Conference has been established, which invited researchers under age 35 to submit papers to the conference. Young professionals were active in reviewing papers and formulating the conference program.
- Co-Chair: John Harvey, University of California Pavement Research Center
- Co-Chair: David Jones, University of California Pavement Research Center
- Co-Chair: Imad L. Al-Qadi, University of Illinois Center for Transportation
- Co-Chair: Angel Mateos, CEDEX, Spain
- Nick Burmas, California Department of Transportation
- Nick F. Coetzee, Dynatest Consulting, Inc.
- T. Joseph "Joe" Holland, California Department of Transportation
- Erwin Kohler, Dynatest Consulting, Inc.
- Carl Monismith, University of California Pavement Research Center
- Laura Melendy, University of California Institute of Transportation Studies, Technology Transfer Program
- Alfredo Rodriquez, California Department of Transportation
4-Point Bending Beam Conference/Workshop
September 17-18, 2012, UC Davis
The 4-Point Bending Beam Conference/Workshop, organized by John Harvey (UC Davis), Jorge Pais (Portugal), and Jorge Souse (USA), will be held at UC Davis, prior to the APT Symposium. For more information about the 4-Point Bending Beam Symposium, please visit the website for that conference: www.civil.uminho.pt/4pb/.
Sponsors and Hosts
Co-sponsored by the Transportation Research Board (TRB), Committee AFD40, Full-Scale and Accelerated Pavement Testing, Forum of European National Highway Research Laboratories (FEHRL), the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Dynatest, MLS Test Systems, and the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
Questions about the conference?
If you have any questions about the conference, or need a letter to request a travel visa to attend the conference please contact:
Pavement Research Center
University of California, Davis
Interested in conference sponsorship opportunities?
Conference Logistics Lead, Technology Transfer Program
Institute of Transportation Studies
University of California, Berkeley